[Distutils] 403 response when registering a new package in PyPI via setup.py

Nicholas H.Tollervey ntoll at ntoll.org
Thu Aug 27 16:00:45 CEST 2015

Hi,

I get a 403 when I try to register a package on PyPI under the name
"training" using setup.py (and via the form too).

A cursory search tells me that the name is free.

However, a buddy tells me that perhaps the name isn't free - but the
associated package has no releases yet.

If this is the case it sounds like the presumed existing "training"
module is in a bad/wrong state.

Would it be possible to give PyPI a kick with a proverbial spanner so I
can, in fact, register my package and/or remove the existing erroneous
entry under the name "training".

Put simply, what steps can I take to fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Nicholas.