[Distutils] namespace_package

Zvezdan Petkovic zvezdanpetkovic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 14:40:53 EST 2015

Hi Lele,

I took a quick look at your GitHub demo project.

For what it’s worth, I do not have issues with editable packages and package dir, but I also:

- use setuptools.find_packages(’src’) to get my packages automatically (this shouldn’t be important)
- use package_dir={‘’: ’src’}
- have my namespace properly declared namespace_package=[‘…’]
- have my package properly structured under src:

        src

        bugex —> __init__.py (a namespace __init__.py)

         foo —> __init__.py (empty __init__.py for a package) + other modules

- use install_package_data=True

See for example setup.py in https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.minmax

Did you try that?

I’ll take a better look in the evening when I have more time.

Zvezdan