[Distutils] Installing a file into sitepackages

Stuart Axon stuaxo2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 19:49:35 CET 2015

Hi,
   In my project, I install a .pth file into site-packages, I use the data_files...  in Ubuntu this seems to work OK, but in a Windows VM the file doesn't seem to be being installed:

setup(
   # Install the import hook
    data_files=[
        (site_packages_path, ["vext_importer.pth"] if environ.get('VIRTUAL_ENV') else []),
    ],
)

- Is there a better way to do this ?

I realise it's a bit odd installing a .pth - my project is to allow certain packages to use the system site packages from a virtualenv -
https://github.com/stuaxo/vext

S++