[Distutils] problem viewing pep 440 docs on mobile

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 16:39:54 CET 2015

Sorry if this isn't the best list on which to bring this up, but it came up
for me during the recent PEP 440 discussions.

For a while I've noticed a serious problem when viewing PEP doc pages like
the following on my iPhone:

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0440/

It's a bit maddening, so I wanted to see if anyone else on this list has
experienced it or can reproduce it.

It happens for me with both Chrome and Safari on the latest iOS 8.1.2,
though I believe it happened for me on older iOS versions, too.

After the page is fully loaded, if I scroll down, say, halfway through the
page, the browser will jump back to the very top.  This effectively makes
it impossible to read the page.  I haven't noticed this issue with any page
not hosted on python.org.

Can anyone else reproduce?

Thanks,
--Chris