[Distutils] Documenting the Distutils sdist format

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jan 19 22:24:00 CET 2015

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> writes:

> For projects under the PyPA banner, including packaging.python.org,
> license in = license out is fine. That text is CC-BY-SA, so including
> Apache Licensed text shouldn't pose any problems.

Okay. So with which repository from <URL:https://bitbucket.org/pypa/>
should I start? Where would the documentation go, where would the
regression tests go?

You appear to be distinguishing the license for executable code versus
non-executable documentation. What license conventions should I be aware
of?

If these are answered in a “hacking” document somewhere, a response
pointing me to that document would be fine.

--
 \         “Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.”  (“Whatever is |
  `\                      said in Latin, sounds profound.”) —anonymous |