[Distutils] PEP 440 on PyPI

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sun Jan 25 17:52:46 CET 2015

On 25.01.2015 17:46, Ian Cordasco wrote:

>>> What is c.l.p and c.l.p.a?
>>
>> That's short for comp.lang.python and comp.lang.python.announce,
>> which are gateway'ed to mailing lists:

>>> There is no distutils blog.
>>
>> Given how quickly things change, I think this would be a good
>> way of getting the word out to a wider audience than the
>> distutils mailing list.
>
> I've only been on this list for about a year. This PEP (and others
> like it) has been in motion for quite a while. I think the blog would
> miss far more people than the mailing list would and I'm not sure I
> agree with "how quickly things change". There doesn't seem to be much
> content for the blog and it seems like something that would just
> become neglected. What topics do you really think would be better
> suited for a blog post than a message to here and related announcement
> lists?

The blog posts could automatically get copied over to
Twitter and mailing lists using e.g. IFTTT, and it would
be possible to subscribe using RSS/Atom feeds.

The advantage of a blog is having news entries persist and be
easy to find, while at the same time simplifying the whole
publishing process.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 25 2015)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/