[Distutils] PyPA Announcements & Twitter

Jannis Leidel jannis at leidel.info
Mon Jan 26 20:12:41 CET 2015

> On 26 Jan 2015, at 20:08, Randy Syring <randy at thesyrings.us> wrote:
>
> On 01/26/2015 01:27 PM, Jannis Leidel wrote:
>>> On 25 Jan 2015, at 21:03, Marc Abramowitz <msabramo at gmail.com>
>>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually, they do:
>>>

>>> https://twitter.com/ThePyPA
>>>

>>> But I don't know if they are in the habit of thinking to use it every time something worthy happens.
>>>
>> Currently this is a one man operation that could probably be hooked up with a RSS feed to be honest. So not something that you should rely on for anything important.
>>
>> But I'm +1 on pypa-announce, so I just created it over here:
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pypa-announce
>>

>> Jannis
>>

> I think it's important that the twitter account be used for to promote announcements on pypa-announce.  Twitter can be shared/retweeted much easier and you are going to see a better spreading of messages that way.  That was why I suggested we figure out a way to link the list to the twitter account automatically.
>
> Who "owns" the twitter account?  Are they ok with having pypa announcements show up there?

I do, and yeah, I'm okay for it to show up there. I'll set up a feed2twitter thing. I asked around a few months ago when I registered it if others in the PyPA team want access to it for the occasional manual announcement, but I agree that having a mailing list may be less controversial for the receiving parties. I didn't get many positive responses from the others anyway :)

Jannis