[Distutils] Working toward Linux wheel support

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jul 20 19:39:19 CEST 2015

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, Nate has a specific concrete problem in needing to get
> artifacts from Galaxy's build servers and installing them into their
> analysis environments - let's help him solve that, on the assumption
> that some *other* mechanism will be used to manage the non-Python
> components

What is there to solve here? Galaxy's build servers put all the wheels
somewhere. Galaxy's analysis systems point to that place.

I thought pip+wheel_wheelhouse already solved that problem?

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov