[Distutils] easy_install deprecated?

Randy Syring randy at thesyrings.us
Thu Jun 18 16:49:18 CEST 2015

Others may have a more informed opinion, but the only reason I know of
to use easy_install is if you are depending on packages that ship
compiled eggs for Windows.  pip doesn't install eggs and many Windows
machines do not have developer tools setup.

If your package doesn't ship C extensions as eggs for Windows (and it
probably shouldn't, use a wheel instead), just recommending pip is
better IMO.

*Randy Syring*
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

/"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)/