[Distutils] Building deb packages for pypy

Stuart Longland stuartl at vrt.com.au
Tue Mar 3 04:02:09 CET 2015

Hi all,

I'm currently attempting to evaluate pypy for use in a few
performance-critical projects.  We mainly use Debian or Ubuntu as the
host platform, with our packages provided as debs.

Traditionally if we needed to build debs for third-party libraries, we'd
use `stdeb` to generate the source files.  However I'm having a lot of
fun and games trying to figure out how this is done with pypy.

What is the procedure for building a deb package of a Python library
using stdeb for pypy?
--
     _ ___             Stuart Longland - Systems Engineer
\  /|_) |                           T: +61 7 3535 9619