[Distutils] Getting more momentum for pip

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 09:06:55 CET 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Marc Abramowitz <msabramo at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Add more computer automation
>
> #3 seems most appealing to me, but of course it requires humans to develop
> it in the first place, but at least it's an investment that could pay
> dividends.

On page https://bitbucket.org/techtonik/python-stdlib/src there is a
working proof-of-concept that fetches patch files from
bugs.python.org, detects filenames and sees to which module the patch
belongs (module layout is described in .json file). It is possible to
tweak the script to also lookup who are the recent authors for the
module files. This will allow to them to review automatically.

--
anatoly t.