[Distutils] Implementing large changes in small increments (was: Getting more momentum for pip)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 16:04:27 CET 2015

On 7 March 2015 at 02:22, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> A better test suite and a more comprehensive CI system is where most of our tooling
> problems are.

For the cross platform CI problem, we could likely set up post-merge
CI on the CPython buildbot fleet. We trust the pip team to run code
there anyway (courtesy of ensurepip), but those are persistent
systems, so we wouldn't want to run every PR through them. That would
put you in a situation where pre-merge CI is at least giving you a
check nothing is fundamentally broken, while post-merge CI would check
you haven't broken any *other* environments.

Working on enabling that may also be a good opportunity to finally
hook the CPython Buildbot master up with the credentials it needs to
run ephemeral clients on Rackspace:
http://docs.buildbot.net/latest/manual/cfg-buildslaves-openstack.html

Cheers,
Nick.