[Distutils] Multiple pips to go along with my multiple Pythons

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu May 7 18:30:49 CEST 2015

Excerpts from Skip Montanaro's message of 2015-05-07 09:58:35 -0500:
> Thanks for the responses. I eventually decided to just download and
> expand the tarball, then execute
>
> PY setup.py clean -a
> PY setup.py install
>
> for each of my PYs. I then deleted the pip, pip2 and pip3 items,
> leaving only the pipXY versions. That avoids any confusion. While it's
> a bit more work on my part, it achieved the desired result - nothing
> but a bunch of unambiguous pipXY programs.
>
> Skip

Depending on your OS, you might be interested in the ansible role I
created for doing this on my dev VMs:
http://doughellmann.com/2015/03/07/ansible-roles-for-python-developers.html

It's meant for Ubuntu now, but I would be happy to have updates to make
it work for other platforms.

Doug