[Distutils] PyPI and Uploading Documentation
donald at stufft.io
Sun May 17 02:51:32 CEST 2015
Ok, so unless someone comes out against this in the near future here are my
1. Implement the ability to delete documentation.
2. Implement the ability to add a (simple) redirect where we would essentially
just send /<project>/(.*) to $REDIRECT_BASE/$1.
3. Implement the ability to point the documentation URL to something that isn't
4. Send an email out to all projects that are currently utilizing the hosted
documentation telling that it is going away, and give them links to RTD and
GithubPages and whatever bitbucket calls their service.
5. Disable Documentation Uploads to PyPI with an error message that tells
people the service has been discontinued.
In addition to the above steps, we'll maintain any documentaton that doesn't
get deleted (and the above redirects) indefinitely. Serving static read only
documentation (other than deletes) is something that we can do without much
trouble or cost.
I think that this will cover all of the things that people in this thread have
brought up as well as providing a sane migration path to go from
pythonhosted.org documentation to wherever they choose to place their docs in
PGP: 7C6B 7C5D 5E2B 6356 A926 F04F 6E3C BCE9 3372 DCFA
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the Distutils-SIG