[Distutils] setuptools

Andrea Bedini andrea at andreabedini.com
Sat May 30 04:38:23 CEST 2015

Hi Peter,

my take it as follows. On OS X Install python 3.5 using brew.sh <http://brew.sh/> (brew install python3 --devel) then you are good to go. It will come with pip and it will install packages in a folder you have write access to, so pip3 install ntlk will work.

PS: a simple explanation of your error is that, apparently, `python` is your system python (not the python you installed) and you don’t have write access to /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/. You could solve this issues but I recommend the brew way, it’s the setup I use all the time.

More details on brew+python are here https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/share/doc/homebrew/Homebrew-and-Python.md <https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/share/doc/homebrew/Homebrew-and-Python.md>

Andrea

Andrea Bedini
@andreabedini, http://www.andreabedini.com
use https://keybase.io/andreabedini to send me private messages