[Distutils] The future of invoking pip

Robert McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:08:04 EST 2015

Hi,

My perspective as a user of pip, but not a developer, is that having the
command line executable `pip` is much preferable to `python -m pip`. Most
of the use cases that militate against the command line executable seem to
be issues that face developers and ultra-power-users (keeping track of many
versions of pip installed, etc). But many casual users, I think, just have
one version of python/pip installed, and benefit from having the
easy-to-call executable. They're also the least capable of adding new
script wrappers and bash aliases.

Just my $0.02

Best,
-Robert