[Distutils] pip install from source dir??

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Sat Oct 3 03:27:23 CEST 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Erik Bray <erik.m.bray at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> > ``pip install path/to/directory/with/setup.py/in/it/``
>
> In particular I install most of my packages from source these days by
> cd'ing into the source and
>
> $ pip install .
>
> That's all it takes.  Works with -e too.

yup -- plugged this into a conda recipe and it works fine.

in fact, I'm going to try to do all of my python recipes that way.

Actually:

$PYTHON -m pip install ./

$PYTHON is the python in conda's current build environment -- this will
assure it used the right pip.

Thanks all, this is working great.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov