[Distutils] Where should I put tests when packaging python modules?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 6 23:51:46 CEST 2015

Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> writes:

> On Oct 06, 2015, at 06:21 AM, Donald Stufft wrote:
>
> >FreeBSD relies on ``python setup.py test`` as it's preferred test
> >invocation
>
> Oh how I wish there was a standard way to *declare* how to run the
> test suite, such that all our automated tools (or the humans :) didn't
> have to guess.

I think the above describes the standard way of declaring the test
runner: The ‘setup.py test’ command.

Now, I lament that more Python projects don't *conform to* that
standard, but at least it exists.

--
 \      “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O |
  `\           Lord, make my enemies ridiculous!’ And God granted it.” |