[Distutils] Where should I put tests when packaging python modules?

Ionel Cristian Mărieș contact at ionelmc.ro
Wed Oct 7 00:08:40 CEST 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:51 AM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au>
wrote:

> I think the above describes the standard way of declaring the test
> runner: The ‘setup.py test’ command.
>
> Now, I lament that more Python projects don't *conform to* that
> standard, but at least it exists.

​There's a very simple answer to that: easy_install (that's what `setup.py
test` will use to install deps). It has several design issue wrt how
packages are installed and how dependencies are managed.

Lets not use `setup.py test`. It's either bad or useless.

Thanks,
-- Ionel Cristian Mărieș, http://blog.ionelmc.ro