[Distutils] sampleproject: use tox?

Ionel Cristian Mărieș contact at ionelmc.ro
Fri Oct 9 12:11:18 CEST 2015

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> The sample project is not intended for that purpose. It's a good
> starting point for something like that, but that's not its purpose.
>
> Paul
>
> PS I sympathise with your wish for a "do this to set up your first
> project" beginner's guide. I've wanted one of those myself for a long
> time now. But I don't believe such a thing exists, unfortunately.

​Should we at least give some pointers as to what people should look at for
a fully fledged project? Like a lists with examples/templates covering all
the variants. Eg:

"PyPA's sample projects only covers the packaging aspect of a project. For
more exhaustive examples take a look at cookiecutter templates, barry's
sample, ogrisel's appveyor demo, this and that etc etc"

How about something like that?

Thanks,
-- Ionel Cristian Mărieș, http://blog.ionelmc.ro