[Distutils] pbr issues (was: Where should I put tests when packaging python modules?)

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Oct 12 02:19:26 CEST 2015

On 8 October 2015 at 17:47, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Robert Collins
> <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> [...]
>> Its all about easy-install. This is why I put a proof of concept
>> static-setup-requires thing together for pip (and its on our teams
>> roadmap to deliver a production version of it via patches to all the
>> pypa projects, we're just not at that point yet - the resolver is
>> first, and we have to finish rolling out constraints within OpenStack
>> before that gets large timeslices).
>
> I remembered Nick saying something about this at PyCon, but I couldn't
> find anything when I looked -- could you point me to the PoC?

https://github.com/rbtcollins/pip/tree/issue-988 - resolver - its a
little horked right now as I haven't fully addressed the constraints
changes in the merge with it, but its readable.

https://github.com/rbtcollins/pip/tree/declarative - declarative
commits POC. Totally stale code but also worth reading (and not hard
to update when the time comes)

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>