[Distutils] tests location: Use case: new comers and docs.

Marcus Smith qwcode at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 18:14:15 CEST 2015

> > I was happy to see this thread, because I thought maybe I"d learn what i
> > should teach my students - new to python.
> >

> > Maybe we could come up with a decision tree for this -- some guidance for
> > knowing what to do, when?
>
> Exactly.  I think it could even be fun :)
>
> How could we get started to add something like this to the packaging docs?

in case you don't know the project for packaging.python.org is here:
https://github.com/pypa/python-packaging-user-guide

in general, we're trying to maintain 2 simple guides for installing and
distributing... and then there's a somewhat open "Additional Topics"
section for tutorials or more "advanced" topics.