[Distutils] Time for a setuptools_lite??

Ronny Pfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Wed Oct 21 15:23:22 EDT 2015

i would very strongly suggest to completely avoid distutils as base for
a new tool
being based on distutils is one of the main reasons why setuptools is so
painful to develop/maintain,
its always a huge mental cost and pain to work into that huge pile of
historic spaghetti

and its even more pain to come up with useful tests

-- Ronny