[Distutils] Remove distutils, was: red, green, refactor ...

Thomas Güttler guettliml at thomas-guettler.de
Mon Oct 26 03:56:55 EDT 2015

Am 22.10.2015 um 18:34 schrieb Chris Barker:
> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Thomas Güttler <guettliml at thomas-guettler.de <mailto:guettliml at thomas-guettler.de>> wrote:
>
>     I prefer the code of unittests to the not testable sentences in a standard.
>

> sure -- but unittests are essentially an implementation of a standard -- you need a standard to write the unit tests for.

You need a standard to write the unit test for ....

If I look at the all the unittests in python itself. What is your guess:

How many (percentage) exist to ensure the compatibility with a standard, and how many exist
to ensure things work and bugs don't appear again?

Unittest can be written to ensure a road map or "rough consensus and working code".

Regards,
   Thomas Güttler

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/