[Distutils] build system abstraction PEP

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Oct 26 02:01:17 EDT 2015

Since Nathaniel seems busy, I've taken the liberty of drafting a
narrow PEP based on the conversations that arose from the prior
discussion.

It (naturally) has my unique flavor, but builds on the work Nathaniel
had put together, so I've put his name as a co-author even though he
hasn't seen a word of it until now :) - all errors and mistakes are
therefore mine...

Current draft text in rendered form at:
https://gist.github.com/rbtcollins/666c12aec869237f7cf7

I've run it past Donald and he has a number of concerns - I think
we'll need to discuss them here, and possibly in another hangout, to
get a path forward.

Cheers,
Rob

--