[Distutils] Working toward Linux wheel support

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Mon Sep 7 18:02:41 CEST 2015

On September 3, 2015 at 1:23:03 PM, Nate Coraor (nate at bx.psu.edu) wrote:

> [...]

Coming back to this, I'm wondering if we should include the libc
implementation/version in a less generic, but still generic linux wheel. Right
now if you staticly link I think the only platform ABIs you need to worry about
are libc and Python itself. Python itself is handled already but libc is not.
The only thing I've seen so far is "build on an old enough version of glibc
that it handles anything sane", but not all versions of Linux even use glibc at
all.