[Distutils] How to deprecate a python package

Ionel Cristian Mărieș contact at ionelmc.ro
Tue Apr 5 15:59:37 EDT 2016

What's wrong with a new release that just depends on replacement (assuming
there's identical API)? This might be of help:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pypi-alias

If there are API changes or other breakages then maybe a release with a
wrapper that emits warnings would be better and generate less
surprise/anger.

Thanks,
-- Ionel Cristian Mărieș, http://blog.ionelmc.ro

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Thomas Güttler <guettliml at thomas-guettler.de