[Distutils] How to deprecate a python package

Alexander Walters tritium-list at sdamon.com
Tue Apr 5 18:47:08 EDT 2016

I am not 100% sure if pip will let stderr messages though, but i THINK
it does.  Warnings on import will work regardless.

Honestly, I don't care if its marginally easier (and it would only be
marginally easier) to mark a package deprecated by flipping a bit on the
site - it's the last thing they will ever do with the package.