[Distutils] Parked Names in PyPI under user rodmena

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 21 15:02:15 EDT 2016

Interesting.

Good evidence that the "first come first served, and then you get to keep
it forever" is not ideal.

As someone pointed out  in the other thread, we probably don't want to
change policy on existing packages, but maybe it would be good to get
*some* policy in place for when warehouse goes live.

-CHB

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Christopher Wilcox <python at crwilcox.com>
wrote:

> DistUtils-Sig:
>
> I was searching warehouse for all Microsoft owned packages today and came
> across a certain user that seems to have parked on a few different package
> names that I don’t believe he has any intention of using (@rodmena).
> https://warehouse.python.org/user/rodmena/
>
> Can we get these released to the proper owners? He seems to have done this
> rather broadly.
>
> If possible can the user @Microsoft be marked as the owner of the
> Microsoft package?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris Wilcox

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov