[Distutils] PEP 527 - Removing Un(der)used file types/extensions on PyPI

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Aug 25 12:03:43 EDT 2016

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:46:03 +0200
"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:

> +sources of truth for a single version. Having multiple sdists often
> times can
> +account for strange bugs that only expose themselves based on which
> sdist that
> +the person used.
>
> You may not be aware, but developers that work on both Windows
> and Unix often have two sets of source code packages: one using
> Windows line ends, the other using Unix ones.

"often"? According to which sources? :-)

I do work on both Windows and Unix (though Linux is my primary
development platform), and I've never had a separate source code
package for Windows (with differing files, line endings or whatnot).

I also agree that having multiple sdists for a single release is a
recipe for weird issues.

Regards

Antoine.