[Distutils] Proposed new Distutils API for compiler flag detection (Issue26689)

Sylvain Corlay sylvain.corlay at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 06:34:17 EDT 2016

Hi All,

The beta deadline for new features is approaching dangerously.

I agree with Thomas that being able to require Python 3.6 for a project
does not appear so distant for me (as soon as it is a Python 3 project
only).

Any chance to get this through? Checking support for language features will
be more and more required since new version of the C++ standard are
becoming more frequent. I understand that it is not an issue for a project
like numpy, but this is a check I do in every single one of my extension
projects.

Thanks,

Sylvain