[Distutils] deprecating pip install --target

Steve Dower python at stevedower.id.au
Fri Feb 12 09:54:34 EST 2016

I was also planning to use it in an upcoming project that has to "do its own" package management. The aim was to install different versions of packages in different directories and use sys.path modifications to resolve them at runtime (kind of like what setuptools did in the older days).

An alternative would be great, though I can probably fake things somehow for my purposes.

Cheers,
Steve

Top-posted from my Windows Phone