[Distutils] deprecating pip install --target

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Wed Feb 17 10:50:00 EST 2016

Another alternative is making "pip the library" as has been discussed in the past.

Certainly my needs would be satisfied by a library that can get me as far as wheel files given package name/s and version spec (and index URL I guess). Unpacking wheels isn't especially difficult and in my case I know there are no existing installs to worry about.

Top-posted from my Windows Phone