[Distutils] Question about package metainfo shown on PyPI

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Fri Feb 19 16:22:06 EST 2016

Hi all,

a friend showed me the case of the package "django-ddp": it's PyPI page[1]
contains a section "Requires Distributions", apparently matching package'
setup.py declarations[2].

Since very few other PyPI pages contain that information, surely not those
describing my packages, even if their setup declarations look very similar to
the d-ddp one.

Is there some magic at work here, or is it just that Django's people manually
tweak the settings of their packages directly thru the admin pages on PyPI?

Thanks for any clarification,
ciao, lele.

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-ddp/0.19.1
[2] https://github.com/django-ddp/django-ddp/blob/develop/setup.py#L206