[Distutils] package made up of only .so's?

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:05:00 EDT 2016

Hi Chris,

On 7 July 2016 at 11:49, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> flit does look nice and clean, but appears to only support one
> module/package?
> Thomas, that ever likely to change?

That's by design, I'm afraid. I like one top-level module to correspond to
one installable distribution. Flit also assumes that the wheels it's
building are pure Python, so they get -none-any tags.

Feel free to cannibalise code from flit to build your specific wheels,
though. It's relatively easy to create a wheel without lots of tooling. For
instance, I have a script that unpacks the Windows binary installers for
PyQt4, reassembles the files into wheels, and uploads them to PyPI:
https://github.com/takluyver/pyqt4_windows_whl

Thomas