[Distutils] Outdated packages on pypi

Dima Tisnek dimaqq at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:55:37 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Is anyone working on pruning old packages from pypi?

I found something last updated in 2014, which, looking at the source
appears half-done.
Github link doesn't work any longer, no description, etc.

I managed to find author's email address out of band, and he responded
that he can't remember the password, yada yada.

I wonder if some basic automation is possible here -- check if url's
are reachable and if existing package satisfies basic requirements,
failing that mark it as "possibly out of date"

d.