[Distutils] Outdated packages on pypi

Daniel D. Beck daniel at ddbeck.com
Thu Jul 14 09:19:44 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Wes Turner <wes.turner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adding an embedded JS comments widget does/would add some additional
> maintenance burden (because user-generated content).

Free-form, user-generated content on PyPI would become a pathway for
harassment and abuse. Introducing user-generated content on PyPI would
necessarily put an emotional burden on package maintainers in addition to
the maintenance burden (unless PyPI moderators are going to screen content
before maintainers and users see it—given the dearth of resources for PyPI
as it is, this strikes me as exceedingly unlikely).

—Daniel