[Distutils] Switch to upload.pypi.org instead of upload.pypi.io

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 23:56:08 EDT 2016

On 31 July 2016 at 13:17, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
> Hey!
>
> The PSF was finally successful in purchasing pypi.org from the person who previously owned it. Previously discussions had dropped off and we assumed we weren’t going to be able to purchase it, so we moved forward with pypi.io instead. However, the person recently came back around and was willing to sell it this time for a reasonable price.

Woohoo, that's great news!

pypi.io was an acceptable fallback, but pypi.org is definitely the
preferred option :)

> We don’t have all of the pypi.io domains switched over to supporting or preferring pypi.org yet, but I just enabled upload.pypi.org. If you’re currently uploading to Warehouse using upload.pypi.io, nothing will break, but I suggest switching your URL to upload.pypi.org instead as it may not continue to work forever.

+1 on the recommendation for folks to switch their configuration
settings, although given that domains aren't that expensive, it's
probably worth the PSF keeping control of pypi.io as an alias of
pypi.org at least for a few years (and perhaps indefinitely).

Cheers,
Nick.