[Distutils] Switch PyPA from IRC to Gitter or similar

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Jun 10 17:58:37 EDT 2016

> On Jun 10, 2016, at 1:42 PM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
>
> FWIW, I won't be switching to gitter or slack - I find the push
> notifications and always-on experience exhausting. It gets in the way
> of thinking or doing anything useful. I often leave my phone in
> priority-only mode to shut facebook and twitter and such things up for
> hours - or days - at a time.

If you read my blog <https://glyph.twistedmatrix.com/>, you'll know this already – I also find Slack tiring in exactly this way.  I acknowledge the usability benefits over IRC, but the effect of those benefits is mostly just prompting me to spend more time staring at chat.  Which is not what I want to be doing.

-glyph