[Distutils] PEP for specifying build dependencies

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Wed May 11 11:25:20 EDT 2016

Thanks for the suggested bikeshed topic. Clever!

I like build also. "package build requires". I see that build is what you
used in the example [rejected] file formats. To me further segmentation
between build systems and the actual build that the build system effects is
something you might do to avoid the cost of installing a dependency that
might not actually be needed during that phase. IMO installation of an
occasional extra package is a fair price to pay if it reduces the number of
concepts in the system.