[Distutils] Publicly Queryable Statistics

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Sat May 21 14:24:41 EDT 2016

> On May 21, 2016, at 2:21 PM, Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> wrote:
>
> So onto what this means.

Oh, one additional tidbit of information- Most of the data is coming from parsing user agents, which means that the ability to get this information depends a lot on what is actually downloading the file. Generally most of the information is only available on pip (and newer pip versions added progressively more information). In cases where we didn’t know we have inserted (null) values (such as bandersnatch mirroring and not knowing what the “python version” is).

This means that you’ll often times see (null) values in fields, which just represents downloads using something where we couldn’t determine that information from.

—
Donald Stufft