[Distutils] matrix: python_versions x supported_plattforms, cross-compiling vs VM

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:37:52 EDT 2016

On 27 May 2016 at 17:28, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> So I kind of like the idea of making wheels the default for distributing on
> PyPi always -- even for pure python modules. And wheels are trivial to build
> from pure python packages -- so why not?

It would be *really* nice to have some sort of metadata/flag that said
"this project is pure Python". Normally, what I want is not *quite*
--only-binary, but rather "only binary except for pure Python where
I'm happy to take a source distribution". But AFAIK, there's no way
for pip to know that :-(

Paul