[Distutils] PIL install fails: that was to be expected?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Tue May 31 03:33:23 EDT 2016

Hi,

A colleague is trying to run the buildout for an *old* project that has
an *old* dependency on "PIL".
So not the "Pillow" replacement, but "PIL".
Install fails, becauce https://pypi.python.org/simple/pil/ is empty.

What I suspect is that this is because of the
everything-should-be-hosted-on-pypi-itself change?

Yes, it should be Pillow and yes I'm in complete agreement that
everything should be on pypi and yes my colleague can fix this with a
quick branch.
But I just wanted to make sure that nothing major is broken right now.
(And to make this potential problem google-able :-) )

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                          http://reinout.vanrees.org/
reinout at vanrees.org                   http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/