[Distutils] Released: pip v9.0.0
donald at stufft.io
Wed Nov 2 15:26:28 EDT 2016
I’d like to announce the release of pip v9.0.
This release features:
* The 9.x series will be the last pip versions to support Python 2.6.
* Support for Requires-Python (will require additional support in setuptools/PyPI) to allow releasing sdists that will be ignored by specific versions of Python (e.g. foobar 5.x doesn’t get downloaded on 2.6).
* Ability to pass platform, Python version, implementation, etc into ``pip download`` to download wheels for other platforms.
* Add a ``pick check`` command to check the state of installed dependencies.
* Add new formats for ``pip list``, including a new columnar layout and a JSON format for ease of scripting.
For a full list of changes, see https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/news/ <https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/news/>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Distutils-SIG