[Distutils] Current Python packaging status (from my point of view)

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 3 17:55:22 EDT 2016

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But - it would be a huge help if the PSF could help with funding to
> get mingw-w64 working.  This is the crucial blocker for progress on
> binary wheels on Windows.

for what it's worth, this is a blocker for many of for using Win64 at all!

As far as I know, conda has not solved this one -- maybe for Continuum's
paying customers?

(or for binaries that continuum builds, but not stuff I need to build
myself)

If it's just money we need, I'd hope we could scrape it together somehow!

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov