[Distutils] Role of distutils.cfg

Christoph Groth christoph at grothesque.org
Fri Nov 11 03:12:24 EST 2016

Ralf Gommers wrote:

> You forgot to add all your links.

I accidentally deleted them when re-posting my message.  The first
time I sent it to this list without being subscribed, and it was
unfortunately *silently* dropped.  (I had assumed that postings by
non-members are moderated.)  Here they are:

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/kwant/1.2.2
[2]
https://gitlab.kwant-project.org/kwant/kwant/blob/master/setup.py
[3]
https://gitlab.kwant-project.org/kwant/kwant/issues/48#note_2494

> Most robust is to only pass metadata (name, maintainer, url,
> install_requires, etc.). In a number of cases you're forced to
> pass ext_modules or cmdclass, which usually works fine. Passing
> individual paths, compiler flags, etc. sounds unhealthy.

Sounds reasonable, thanks for your advice.

Is there any alternative to passing ext_modules?

Christoph