[Distutils] Role of distutils.cfg

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri Nov 11 03:28:51 EST 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM, Christoph Groth
<christoph at grothesque.org> wrote:
> Ralf Gommers wrote:
>
>> You forgot to add all your links.
>

> I accidentally deleted them when re-posting my message.  The first time I
> sent it to this list without being subscribed, and it was unfortunately
> *silently* dropped.  (I had assumed that postings by non-members are
> moderated.)  Here they are:
>
> [1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/kwant/1.2.2
> [2] https://gitlab.kwant-project.org/kwant/kwant/blob/master/setup.py

It looks like you already have a ton of code that's looping over
various representations of your ext_modules and autogenerating
things... wouldn't it be fairly straightforward to have a bit more
code to automatically and unconditionally stick numpy.get_include()
into every extension's include_dirs? (More code than doing it at the
setup.py level, for sure, but on the scale of distutils
workarounds...)

-n