[Distutils] Packaging multiple wheels in the same archive

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Nov 23 14:30:11 EST 2016

This then ties into Kenneth's pipfile idea he's working on as it then makes
sense to make a wagon/wheelhouse for a lock file. To also tie into the
container aspect, if you dev on Windows but deploy to Linux, this can allow
for gathering your dependencies locally for Linux on your Windows box and
then deploy the set as a unit to your server (something Steve Dower and I
have thought about and why we support a lock file concept).

And if we use zip files with no nesting then as long as it's only Python
code you could use zipimporter on the bundle directly.