[Distutils] PEP 517: Build system API

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:24:31 EST 2016

On 23 November 2016 at 19:17, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> My vote is for 1c (easier to add 1a later), and dashes (for some reason I
> just like how they look more in config files).

I agree, 1c sounds like a reasonable starting place (but I don't tend
to use editable installs, so treat my views on this with caution :-))
Also, I like dashes. But I agree with Donald here. Layering multiple
unimplemented features sounds like a mistake. Can we not get PEP 518
implemented before we start on this again? Thomas, are you interested
in implementing the pip side of either or both of PEPs 517 and 518?

Paul