[Distutils] PEP 517: Build system API

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 15:41:07 EST 2016

I suppose a __main__.py could also/instead be added as

- site.tools.__main__
  https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Lib/site.py
  - site.__doc__
  - site._script()

- distutils.__main__
  https://github.com/python/cpython/tree/master/Lib/distutils/command

- setuptools.__main__
  https://github.com/pypa/setuptools/blob/master/setup.py

   - _gen_console_scripts() # $ easy_install[%s]
   - distutils.setup_keywords()

- pip.commands._
  https://github.com/pypa/pip/tree/master/pip/commands

And then how does site.py interact with importlib and .pth files?
- https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Lib/importlib/abc.py
-
https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Lib/importlib/_bootstrap_external.py
  - source_from_cache()